Timeless Shaker Kitchens Built in Norfolk
When it comes to different kitchen designs and styles that offer simplicity, superior craftsmanship and timeless elegance, bespoke shaker kitchens are an excellent choice. It’s not the only choice we offer – and we can make a truly bespoke kitchen for you However Shaker style kitchens are a popular choice due to their minimalist design with little to no ornamentation added during construction. When designing shaker kitchens, the focus is more on the practicality and functionality of the furniture, combined with clean symmetrical lines.
Discover how Wentwood Kitchens can transform your home with our examples of bespoke shaker kitchens below.
A History of Shaker Kitchens
During the 18th and early 19th centuries, a religious movement called the United Society of Believers in Christ’s Second Appearing spread throughout England and America. Commonly known as the Shakers due to their public displays of religious dancing, they set out to create communities that were self-sufficient and promoted simplicity and practicality over anything they considered frivolous.
Over time they became known for their superior craftsmanship, designing simple yet hardy furniture, free from decorations but elegant in their stripped-back, symmetrical designs.
Although the Shaker communities have become much rarer, their unique furniture design persists to this day, especially in Shaker style kitchens.
Why Have Shaker Kitchens Endured?
Bespoke shaker kitchens have remained popular to this day because they offer the following benefits:
- Timelessness – Because of their simple design, shaker kitchens are free of any of the fads that will date other kitchen designs. Trends may come and go, but the shaker style has and will endure for years to come.
- Durability – Shaker cabinets and other kitchen furniture have always been built to last, with a particular focus on craftsmanship and the avoidance of waste. As such they are a much more sustainable choice in the long term.
- Practicality – The Shakers intended their kitchens to be useful in every way and able to withstand a heavy amount of activity. As such you will find shaker kitchens make creative use of available space, particularly in terms of storage.
- Versatility – Shaker kitchens can be tailored to suit any size and style of home due to their simple design aesthetic. Whether you want a traditional and rustic look or a modern and open-plan design, shaker kitchens will accommodate your needs.
- Customisable – You can easily personalise shaker kitchen furniture to fit your bespoke tastes, from different materials and paint colours to a range of accessories and finishes including glass fronts and lighting options.
Shaker Kitchens Built by Wentwood Kitchens Are Timeless
Using our team of skilled craftsmen, we can design your dream kitchen from scratch and handcraft from our workshop in Norfolk. Our kitchen design process for Wentwood Kitchens is as follows:
- Contact us to let us know what you’re looking for. You will then be able to share your ideas and the elements you would like to include in your new kitchen. Additionally, we will invite you to schedule an initial consultation at our Norfolk design studio.
- We will discuss the project in more depth during our initial consultation to determine exactly how you envision your new kitchen.
- Our next step will be to present you with our proposal and project estimate for your dream kitchen.
- Proceeding with us is straight forward and we support you throughout the process. A 5% deposit (up to £500) confirms our commitment to one-another.
Make your dream shaker kitchen a reality by getting in touch with us today at Wentwood Kitchens.
"Thank you so much for our new utility room it is better than we could have ever imagined. We would not hesitate to recommend you to anyone and would book you again in a heartbeat."
"We found working with Wentwood Kitchens easy, the design and build quality is exceptional and found installation stress free and nothing too much of a problem. We would highly recommend this friendly family run business to all of our family & friends."
Christine & Steve - Bespoke framed shaker kitchen
The quality of the finished product is beautiful and their attention to detail is exceptional. Not to mention, the installation process was swift and painless and the team on site were full of motivation and good humour. We can't recommend Joe, Verity and the team at Wentwood highly enough!”